Norton launches 2012 product, extends Norton EverywhereBy Staff Writer 9 December 2011 | Categories: sponsored content
Norton by Symantec has recently released Norton Internet Security 2012, and announced a new product, which further its Norton Everywhere initiative to protect consumers everywhere they go - across locations, platforms, devices and digital experiences. The company is delivering on the initiative with mobile and cloud-based technology, including new features in Norton Internet Security 2012 and introducing Norton Online Family for Android and iOS users.
Norton Internet Security 2012 is designed to improve on the already industry-leading benchmarks for protection and performance, while enhancing the overall user experience. The other new Norton offering goes beyond traditional internet security to provide mobile device protection and family safety solutions.
"For the past few years we have witnessed an explosion of devices, platforms and applications for consumers to enjoy. However, with these exciting changes come new digital dangers and an even greater need for consumers to be protected from cybercrime," said Kara Rawden, senior marketing manager, Consumer - Middle East and Africa, Symantec Corporation. "As a world leader in security, Norton will continue striving to ensure that our customers are protected wherever they go, whatever digital experience they choose to have."
Norton 2012 security product
Norton 2012 brings key new features to address emerging threats and powerful protection against one of today's greatest consumer concerns: ensuring online personal information remains confidential. Additionally, Norton brings a powerful combination of reputation, file, behaviour and network based protection to provide their most comprehensive security to date. Key security technologies and usability improvements, include:
- Norton Identity Safe in the Cloud - Protects personal and financial information from cybercriminals and keeps users protected from fraudulent websites. New streamlined interface, simplified login experience, and ability to store passwords in the cloud makes accessibility easy from any computer with Norton Internet Security 2012 installed.
- Norton Management - New web-based functionality lets users manage their Norton products from anywhere in the world. Users can remotely add Norton products, manage security settings and update subscriptions, making it simple to check on the health of their devices or fix issues without needing to be there in person.
- Norton Insight - Norton's exclusive reputation-based security technology leverages the anonymous software adoption patterns of millions of contributing Symantec users to automatically identify and block never before seen malicious software.
- Download Insight - Checks every downloaded file for safety before installation and now provides users with additional data about the predicted stability of the application in their environment based on the stability experiences of millions of other Symantec users.
- SONAR - Improved SONAR technology monitors running applications for suspicious behaviour to quickly detect and disable previously unknown threats.
- Norton User Experience - From the streamlined main user interface, Norton 2012 offers quick access to Norton Cybercrime Index, Norton Online Family and website ratings service Norton Safe Web.
Norton 2012 also continues to set the industry bar for protection and performance. For the second year in a row, Norton placed first in overall protection according to testing from AV-Test Institute. In addition, Norton Internet Security 2012 ranked first in overall performance testing by both PassMark Software and AV-Comparatives. According to Symantec's internal testing, Norton 2012 even outperforms the award-winning 2011 version with 30% faster scans, 17% faster boot time and 24% faster file copying.
Pricing and availability
Norton Internet Security 2012 is now available for purchase through various retailers and the Norton online store at www.norton.co.za. The suggested retail price for Norton Internet Security 2012 is approximately R490, which provides one year of protection for up to three PCs. Norton Internet Security 2007 or later users with a valid product subscription are eligible to receive the latest product updates via the subscription service model. For more information, visit the Norton Update center at http://updatecenter.norton.com.
Protecting people and their information
Norton has also announced a new offering under its Norton Everywhere initiative that goes beyond internet security and gives consumers the power to protect themselves and their families across multiple devices and platforms. Norton Online Family for Android and iOS users is now out of beta, and this free mobile application allows parents using Norton Online Family to view their children's online activities and manage each child's "House Rules" from their iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or Android device. www.norton.co.za
Most Read Articles
Have Your Say
What new tech or developments are you most anticipating this year?