Epson has introduced the Workforce DS-30, a portable A4 scanning solution designed to give business people the freedom to copy, store, scan and send important documentation on the go.
“The DS-30 is geared specifically for business use, and you don’t need to pore over confusing manuals or invest time and energy in training to understand how it works,” says Anesca Botha, Consumer Sales Manager at Epson South Africa. “It’s user-friendly, easy to set up and carry along with you wherever you go and produces impressive results.”
As more businesses realise the importance of digitising hard-copy documents, many look to portable scanners to provide a quick and efficient solution to backing up their archives. The DS-30 weighs just 325g and can be easily transported to where it’s needed the most. Best of all, it’s powered by USB 2.0, so no external power supply is needed except when charging the device.
Once a document has been scanned, files are easily shared with specific email addresses or with other collaborators via SharePoint, by downloading the Epson Document Capture Pro software. With cloud-computing on the rise, the DS-30 portable scanner is also able to securely scan directly to the cloud, making it easier than ever to keep business records and company folders updated at all times.
While many mobile scanners typically produce scans of low-quality resolution to compensate for their compacted size, Epson has ensured that the DS-30 packs just as much punch as any other scanner in its range, boasting high-resolution RGB colour output and enhancement as well as up to 600 dpi resolution.
Other great features include a dedicated document management suite which allows you to create PDFs and convert files to other formats, automatic page rotation and page-size detection, text-enhancement and even searchable PDF functionality.
The Epson Workforce DS-30 portable A4 scanner is available in South Africa at a recommended retail price of just ZAR2,750.00 (Excl. VAT).
Visit www.epson.co.za for more information.
• A4 portable sheet-fed scanner designed specifically for business use
• Compact size of 276 x 50 x 36.5mm
• One of the lightest business scanners available, at just 325g
• Powered by USB 2.0
• Up to 600dpi scan resolution
• Simple scanning process and intuitive user interface
• Epson scan offers efficient imaging features, such as auto-size, auto-rotate, de-skew, and searchable PDF
• Integration and document imaging at no extra cost with Epson Document Capture Pro available for free download for Windows users
• Document Capture Pro offers ‘direct scan-to’ options: cloud, email, SharePoint, FTP, web, print, etc.
• Abbyy Fine Reader sprint Plus included for Optical Character Recognition
• Presto! BizCard 5 included for business card management
• Business cards and plastic cards supported
• Twain and WIA driver support
• ENERGY STAR-qualified for reduced power consumption
• PC and Mac compatible