March Business News sponsored by:
Canon’s new PIXMA G Series of refillable ink tank printers are now available to the channel from official South Africa distributor Drive Control Corporation (DCC).
Created for home, home offices and small office environments, the PIXMA G Series has been designed to boost productivity, keep running costs down and deliver more prints.
The new PIXMA G Series includes:
• PIXMA G1410, a printer designed for high volume printing at low cost per page (CPP);
• PIXMA G2410, a high yield multi-function printer with added user benefits of copying and scanning;
• PIXMA G3410, a high yield multi-function 3-in-1 printer with Wi-Fi connectivity that supports smartphone and tablet print, copy and scanning via the Canon PRINT app;
• PIXMA G4410, a compact 4-in-1 printer with 20 sheet Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) and wireless connectivity to smart devices with a high page yield resulting in low CPP.
Says David Ah-Tow, Canon product specialist at DCC: “The new PIXMA G Series printers undoubtedly prioritises productivity and design; with front facing ink tanks that make it easy to determine remaining ink levels, well designed ink bottles that minimise potential spills or leaks and allows for quick ink level top-up. The G-Series was designed with the user in mind.”
The Canon PIXMA G Series offers the following important features:
- High page yield, allowing users print up to 6,000 pages from the black ink or 7,000 pages from a set of colour inks;
- Auto Power ON/OFF setting helps to save energy when the printer is not in use;
- High quality prints with genuine pigment black ink ensuring sharp and crisp text and dye colour inks for vibrant images; all the models within this series can produce borderless photos up to A4;
Connectivity - PIXMA G4410 and PIXMA G3410 both feature Wi-Fi technology, allowing users to print wirelessly via a laptop/PC or smart device. Use the Canon PRINT app for printing, scanning and copying purposes, as well as printer maintenance
- Access the PIXMA Cloud Link via the Canon PRINT to print photos and documents remotely from cloud services such as Facebook, Google Drive, Dropbox, Instagram and more.
- Both models are compatible with Mopria on Android. The PIXMA G4410 is compatible with Apple AirPrint which allows compatible iOS devices to print directly too.
- Borderless 4 x 6-inch photos in just 60 seconds and select from a range of templates with My Image Garden;
- Copy - Make copies of hard documents at the touch of a button. Simply take a photo of any document with the Smartphone Capture and Copy function on the Canon PRINT app and convert it to a PDF to save, share or print; ideal for remote working. Also, make copies of double sided ID cards with the PIXMA G4410 for trips abroad or personal verification. The easy to use feature enables you to scan both sides of the ID card for printing onto one page.
- Rear paper feeding system capable of holding up to 100 sheets of plain paper enables a smooth paper pass for a wide range of media support including glossy photo paper Square Media (5x5”).
The Canon PIXMA G Series ships with a one-year warranty.