Cell C unveils new range of competitive data productsBy Staff Writer 5 October 2011 | Categories: news
Over the last year, Cell C has invested heavily in the rollout of its HSPA+ 900 network, all over the country in places such as Wellington and Paarl, as well as the Free State. Since the launch of its prepaid and contract data products, the company has had a chance to analyse customer behaviour and expectations.
As a result Cell C will be releasing a new suite of products to meet the needs of a cross section of its customer base. It has announced that the new range of products will be available from 1 November and will replace current promotional offers.
New prepaid data products
Cell C will be expanding the selection of prepaid products available to its customers, giving them more choice and control over their data needs. Customers will also be able to choose options that either include or exclude a speed stick or router.
- For customers that are light internet users Cell C is introducing a new 1 GB per month product (12 GB over a year), available for R1999 once-off. This offer includes a speed stick capable of download speeds up to 7.2 Mbps. For those customers that already have such a device, 1 GB per month over a year will cost R1499 once-off.
- The 2 GB per month package (24 GB over a year) will cost R2999 once-off with a speed stick capable of download speeds of up to 21.6 Mbps included and R1999 without a speed stick device.
- The 5 GB per month package (60 GB over a year) will cost R5999 once-off with a Cell C MyZone router or R4499 without a device.
Cell C’s traditional out-of-bundle rate of 39c per MB will apply on all these products.
“Cell C fundamentally changed the mobile data market when we launched our initial data prices,” said Simon Camerer, Cell C’s executive head of Marketing. “We have seen tremendous uptake of these packages and customers have endorsed our top class network speeds and prices. While our promotions are at an end, we are proud to announce that our new data products are still exceptionally competitive.”
“Cell C will continue to push the bar by innovating and bringing new competitive products to market,” Camerer stated.
New contract data products
Contract customers will also be given a wider range of products to choose from, allowing both light and heavier internet users access to their perfect package.
Cell C will now offer the following range of contract products:
- A 500 MB per month package, which will cost R129 p/m and comes standard with a speed stick capable of download speeds of up to 7.2 Mbps.
- A 1 GB per month package that will go for R199 p/m and come with a speed stick capable of download speeds of up to 7.2 Mbps, plus a Wi-Fi router accessory.
- A 2 GB /month package will cost R299 and come with a speed stick capable of download speeds of up to 21.6 Mbps, plus a Wi-Fi router accessory.
- A 5 GB /month package that will cost R599, which comes bundled with the MyZonerouter, allowing users to simultaneously connect up to five devices to the internet.
As part of its bid to target small business owners, Cell C continues its larger postpaid packages of 10 GB per month and 20 GB per month, which will now cost R999 and R1999 per month respectively. These two packages will include a Cell C E586 router capable of download speeds of up to 21.6 Mbps and will allow customers to connect up to ten devices simultaneously.
Most Read Articles
Have Your Say
What new tech or developments are you most anticipating this year?