TomTom previews its app for iPhone optimised for iPadBy Staff Writer 1 September 2011 | Categories: news
During the IFA 2011 consumer electronics tradeshow in Berlin today, automotive navigation systems manufacturer TomTom previewed the latest version of the TomTom App for iPhone, which will be optimised for the iPad as well.
The company stated that customers who already have the iPhone version, will be able to download this new version to their iPads free of charge. This latest version will, amongst other features, boast enhanced screen resolution, sharpened graphics as well as more intuitive controls, specifically developed for the iPad.
The new TomTom App will be available in South Africa during spring of 2011, but no pricing info is available yet.
Some of the features of the TomTom App for iPhone are:
- The quickest routes through traffic, powered by HD Traffic, which can be bought as an in-app purchase.
- Fewer speeding fines with real-time camera alerts via TomTom Speed Cameras, which can be bought as an in-app purchase.
- The most accurate TomTom maps in your pocket – no mobile signal needed.
- Daily free map updates wherever you are, via Map Share.
- Reliable arrival times at all times of day with IQ Routes.
- Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone thanks to iOS multitasking support.
- Seamless integration with your iPhone contacts, photos, music, email and calendar.
Most Read Articles
Have Your Say
What new tech or developments are you most anticipating this year?