DStv Compact subscribers to get Showmax test-driveBy Staff Writer 7 February 2019 | Categories: news
Here’s a bit of good news for certain local DStv customers. From 7 February until 7 April, DStv Compact and Compact Plus subscribers who add Showmax to their DStv bill will receive a two-month-long no-cost test-drive of the streaming service, and a discount thereafter.
The local streaming service is usually priced at R99 per month, and this offer is reserved for first-time Showmax add-to-bill subscribers in South Africa. The Showmax free test drive can be cancelled at any time. Once the two-month period is over, Compact and Compact Plus customers will be charged the discounted rate of R49 per month.
In order to access this, Compact and Compact Plus customers should follow these steps:
- Go to showmax.com and sign-up.
- Enter SA ID number.
- Confirm mobile phone number. A one-time pin (OTP) will be SMSed to this number to verify the account.
- Enter the OTP and accept the T&Cs.
- Download the Showmax app and start watching.
Showmax requires internet access and consumes data and users must be aware that the cost of this data is not included in this offer.
The following devices are supported:
- Android phones and tablets running Android 4.1.0 or higher
- Android TV devices running Android 4.1.0 or higher
- Apple iPhones and iPads running iOS 9.3 or higher
- DStv Explora
- Samsung Smart TVs (2012 and later)
- Samsung Tizen Smart TVs (2015 and later)
- LG NetCast Smart TVs (2012 to 2014)
- LG WebOS Smart TVs (2014 and later)
- Hisense Smart TVs
- Xbox One
- PlayStation 4
- Laptop & desktop computers (via web browsers)
- Apple TV (4th Generation) running tvOS 10.0 or higher
- Apple AirPlay
- Google Cast (casting from the Showmax app for Android or iOS)
Most Read Articles
Have Your Say
What item are you most hoping to purchase on Black Friday and find specials on?