Middle-Earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition now availableBy Ryan Noik 31 August 2018 | Categories: news
The wait is over. The most comprehensive version of last year’s Middle-Earth: Shadow of War is now out. As well as sporting a new launch trailer, the game also comes at a very decent price of R700, a win for those who have yet to pick it up and are tired of paying R1 000 for a game.
As well, it comes with an exhaustive array of content, including the Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion, Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion, Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion and Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion.
That is not the only reason why it is called the definitive edition though. Also onboard is a long list of improvements that includes enhancements a streamlined post-game Epilogue to new player skins and the complete removal of the market. That list is below:
· Market Closure: Complete removal of the market and microtransactions.
· Updated Post-Game: Streamlined post-game Epilogue (formerly Shadow Wars) with new narration from Shelob, the Witch-king and Dark Talion, plus new Masks of the Nazgûl player rewards.
· Nemesis System Enhancements: Numerous improvements bringing further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, along withadded traits and behaviors for Orc enemies, more Legendary Orcs to encounter and more ways to get Training Orders.
· Powering Up: Follower level cap has been increased to 80, enemy Captain level cap has been increased to 85, greater XP rewards, new Prestige skills along with upgrades.
· Gear Upgrades: Players can now use Mirian to raise the level of a piece of gear to their current level and use gems to re-roll abilities.
· Skins: Added player skins for Celebrimbor, Eltariel, Dark Eltariel, Baranor and Serka.
· Online Pit Fights & Conquests: Added search feature to challenge specific players' Overlords and fortresses in Friendly Mode.
· Endless Siege: Added feature to defend fortresses against never-ending waves of Sauron’s forces.
· Rebellion: Added feature to crush rebel Ologs and Uruks who undermine the Bright Lord.
· Photo Mode Upgrades: Capture every battle with new filters, frames and textures.
· Difficulty Levels: Added Brutal and Gravewalker difficulty levels.
· Player Stats: Added player stats page to track in-game enemy kills, dominations and betrayals.
Worth noting though is that the Definitive Edition does require an active connection to download some of the content, as not all of it will be on the disc. In case you’re still not sold, you can also download the Middle-earth: Shadow of War game demo available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC, as well as take a look at the trailer below.
Most Read Articles
Have Your Say
What new tech or developments are you most anticipating this year?