Fitbit introduces new COVID-19 resource for South AfricansBy Staff Writer 25 May 2020 | Categories: news
Fitbit has announced it is introducing a designated COVID-19 tab in its app to make it easy for South African users to access information, support and resources in one place. This new tab, which requires a Fitbit app and account, allows users to:
- Access the most relevant tools and content to help them stay healthy at home, like new clock faces with reminders to wash your hands, reminders to move, and at-home workouts and mindfulness breaks via the Fitbit Premium 90-day free trial offer, among other features.
- Stay up to date on the latest information with easy access to real-time updates from World Health Organization to stay safe, informed and healthy
The COVID-19 tab will begin to roll out from this week with users seeing a new tab on the bottom right on the Fitbit app. More details on the new tab can be found here.
Fitbit notes it is helping customers sleep better, move more, and manage stress with a range of tools they've made available during this time, including:
- A 90-day free trial of Premium for those who have not tried Premium yet
- 40+ Premium at-home workouts, meditations, sleep tracks, and more available for everyone to use, free of charge. Unlock it all in the Fitbit app
- New clock faces, like the Clean Cues clock face, for Fitbit smartwatches that offer a friendly reminder and timer for washing your hands
- Motivational reminders to take breaths, stretch, and move, with reminders to move
- Advanced sleep tools and guided programmes
- Mindfulness content, through the Relax guided breathing exercises or sessions via Premium
- Nutrition tips and healthy habits
- Ways to connect with others to stay motivated as a part of our global Fitbit community.
The company has recently also introduced the Charge 4 fitness tracker, which for the first time includes built-in GPS.
Most Read Articles
Have Your Say
What new tech or developments are you most anticipating this year?